Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Farm bill update. See how farm bill changes are progressing, 8 weeks after it was passed. Farm Progress
3. Tax changes in the Affordable Care Act. There are few things farmers should know about Obamacare regulations. Delta Farm Press
4. Immigration struggle. The GOP is blowing it on immigration, some ag interests say. Washington Post
5. PEDv-feed link. The pork and feed industry continues to probe a potential PEDv-blood plasma link. Wall Street Journal
6. Be bee-friendly. Researchers hunt for bee-friendly plants and shrubs to help expand populations. New York Times
7. Ryan budget suggests farm program cuts. House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., suggested cuts to crop insurance and SNAP in his budget proposal this week. Farm Futures
And your bonus:
Family rodeos slowly dwindle. Rodeos held by families for families are beginning to disappear as concerns of liability and costs rise. New York Times
Watching these RC tractors work is strangely fascinating, and kind of impressive. Perhaps it will tide you over until conditions are right to get in the field.