Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. El Nino is here. But just barely, NOAA officials say. It's likely El Nino effects could be drowned out by other weather variability. Farm Progress
2. USDA biotech approvals. USDA undersecretary says length of petition reviews for new biotech events has been reduced after a few changes. Feedstuffs
3. Tough road. Couple in iconic photo that illustrated farm trouble in the '80s now struggles to keep second business after drought, recession. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
5. GMO limits. EPA takes tougher stance on GMO corn plantings due to pest resistance. Wall Street Journal (subscription model)
6. Cuba visit. U.S. ag stakeholders completed their visit to Cuba; about 95 legislators and farm leaders made the trip. Reuters
7. Immigration concern. Two ag groups oppose recent moves in a House committee to mandate use of E-Verify. Farm Futures
And your bonus:
History buff? You'll enjoy learning about Uncle Sam's farm office. Farm Futures
I hope there were structural experts involved in this process…
As always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.