1. Cash rent standoff. In a four-part series, Farm Futures looks at cash rents – where they're going, what farmers are doing, and how lenders will respond. Farm Futures
2. Worth the extra dollar. Girl Scouts are adding a dollar to the price of their cookies this year, and it has nothing to do with GMOs. Forbes
3. Tough '16 expected. Fed surveys reveal more details about farm financial projections for 2016. Reuters
4. Chesapeake Bay TMDL case. What will the Supreme Court have to say about EPA water regs? Farm Progress
5. Agritechnica recap. If you're an AgNerd, this monster farm show should be on your bucket list. Farm Industry News
6. Farmland education. USFRA is partnering on a new set of educational tools based on the Farmland film. Farm Progress
7. Another Syngenta bid. This time, a buyer from China has an offer for Syngenta. Bloomberg
Don't believe it all. Even spending just a few minutes on Facebook, you're bound to run across misinformation about something. Unfortunately, it's often food. Washington Post
And your bonus:
Whew, we can all rest easy now about the use of the term "backyard brat" or the like to describe sausages. Fox 11
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.
Browse the '7 ag stories' archives
11/6: Vegan McDonalds and Guinness, Congress' worth, WOTUS and ag grad jobs
10/30: Tech in farm succession planning, 2016 farm financials, FFA convention
10/23: Wild roots, transportation bill, mustard, milkweed lawns and hot dog emojis
10/16: Pork on the menu, GMO opt-out, expensive pumpkin pies and following 'Chip'