Need a quick catch up on the news? Here are a few things you might have missed this week.
1. This Godzilla El Nino that's disrupting weather all over the country could be around for awhile according to a Jet Propulsion Labs expert in the weather phenomenon. - Farm Futures
2. Chipotle is closing…for one day on Feb. 8 (and you thought we meant something else). They're going to focus on food safety for all employees. - USA Today
3. Aquaculture gets an expansion with federal approval to farm fish in the Gulf of Mexico, not everyone thinks that's a good idea. - Mother Jones
4. Land values to slide in 2016, but remember they're at historic highs, so a slip may not be that big a deal according to Farmers National Company - Farm Futures
5. The French are now dealing with H5N1 avian flu, and it's shutting down poultry farms in the southwest part of that country. - Yahoo News
6. When swine enteric coronavirus diseases hit swine farms in 2013, the USDA's response may not have been proper, and needs fine tuning according to the Government Accountability Office. - Feedstuffs
7. Former GMO opponent, not proponent, is also pushing for a national labeling program and spoke about it during the American Farm Bureau Federation annual convention this week. - Farm Futures
And your bonus this week? We got to know the new American Farm Bureau President Zippy Duvall a bit more, including why and where he got that memorable nickname. - Farm Futures
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.