Guard Members Get Free Hunting, Fishing, Park Permits

Department of Wildlife and Parks gives free permits to guardsmen.

Members of the Kansas Army and Air National Guard can get free Kansas hunting and fishing licenses as well as free state park permits through a program offered by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.

National Guard permits, like other KDWP permits and licenses, will be available on Dec. 15, 2008, and will be valid for the remainder of 2008 and all of 2009. To receive free licenses and permits, Kansas guardsmen apply to KDWP's Pratt Operations Office. Depending on the particular licenses and/or state park permits they request, they will be required to submit appropriate documentation.

Application forms for 2009 National Guard licenses and permits can be downloaded from the KDWP website. Beginning Jan. 1, 2009, a portion of the program will be extended to include all Kansas veterans who have been certified by a physician as at least 30 percent disabled. Disabled veterans who enlisted as regular servicemen will be able to apply for free hunting and fishing licenses.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.