The Model 6 series of tractors from John Deere are a mid-level workhorse class of machines that can be put to use in a wide range of applications. The company is expanding its lineup of 6M and 6R Series tractors for 2015 with a wider range of horsepower, frame sizes, transmissions, hydraulics and other options.
See related: John Deere launches new products for 2015
John Deere farm equipment in the mid-spec 6M Series are suited for tasks including haying and field work, loader, feed and material handling; mowing roadsides and maintaining orchard and vineyards. Operation can vary from creeper speed for working in specialty crops to 25 mph for faster transport. The models feature a close-center pressure and flow-compensating hydraulic system offering increased lift capacity and faster loader cycle times.
The John Deere 6M model numbers feature their engine horsepower in the numbers following the 6. Small frame models include the 6110M, 6120M and 6130M; the 6145M and 6155M are mid-frame models; and the 6175M and the new 6195M are large-frame models.
Beyond the higher horsepower range, the 6M John Deere Tractors are available with an optional mechanical cab suspension system for improved ride quality; factory installed AutoTrac Ready for assisted steering on the mid- and large-frame models; on-the-go auto mechanical front-wheel drive and differential lock for increased traction; and front hitch and front PTO options for front-mounted implements, such as mowers.
At the premium end of the 6 Series spectrum - the 6R Series also offer added horsepower, cab and control options, and more performance features. These features include the ComfortView cab, high-performance controls and optimum comfort, and panoramic visibility.
The Generation 4 CommandCenter offers premium technology and functionality, including integrated AutoTrac, to deliver accurate and cost-effective guidance. And PFC hydraulics, with up to six selective control valves, provide capability to operate large implements, seeding tools, row-crop planters and potato harvesters.
See the latest in new farm technology at the 2015 Farm Progress Show, Sept. 1-3, 2015, in Decatur, Ill.
The 6R John Deere tractor model range starts with the small-frame 6110R, 6120R and 6130R models; mid-frame 6145R and 6155R machines; and large-frame 6175R, 6195R and 6215R.
The 6R Series Tractors feature commonality of CommandCenter and operational controls that shorten the learning curve for operator training from the 6R up through the 9R Series Tractors.
Other key features include:
* Up to 30 degrees o fright-hand seat swivel for a more comfortable rear-view.
* A recessed hydraulic valve stack providing straight-line drawbar pin visibility, along with lever disconnect for quicker coupling and uncoupling of implement hydraulic hoses.
* IVT Direct Drive and AutoQuad+ECO transmissions that operate at lower engine rpm while improving fuel economy.
* Intelligent Power Management has increased to 40 hp on the 6145R to 6215R models for added power when needed.
* The E-PTO conserves fuel while maintaining rated PTO speed when operating a mower conditioner or baler.
R-Series John Deere loaders announced too
In addition to the expanded family lineup, John Deere introduces the the new R-Series Front Loaders designed to match all Final Tier 4 6M and 6R Series Tractors.
Features of the new R-Series Front Loaders include:
* Automatic mast latch system for easier attaching and detaching
* Implement automatic latch and remove implement latch to make switching attachments faster and more convenient.
* Side-slung leveling links to improve operator visibility, and the ability for the loader to level itself through a range of operations.
* An enhanced version of Return-to-Position with Electronic Self Leveling technology.
Learn more about the 6M and 6R Series John Deere Tractors and R Series John Deere loaders by visiting johndeere.com/ag.