Keeping machines running is important. An idling tractor or combine is not a money-maker and if fuel and DEF are the problem, having that on hand quickly and safely is important too. Thunder Creek Equipment, which has built its business on fuel trailers, is rolling out the FST Series in 500, 750- and 990-gallon diesel capacity models. And they have a host of field-installable options, like a 100-gallon DEF delivery system and rear utility box.
The low-profile design of the FST includes fully baffled fuel tanks for travel on both on-road at highway speeds and in off-road environments. The line also includes a range of key improvements:
* Field-installed options - most options on the FST line can be installed in the field, allowing you to start with basic fuel transportation and add on later. Even the rear utility box - which is 55% larger than previous designs, can be installed on any FST Series Trailer. Options for the utility box include a 3-in-1 welder/compressor/generator or 2-in-1 compressor/generator, tool storage chests, can and towel rack and a work bench with vise.
* Expanded space - FST Series Trailers have 75 cu. ft. of space in the front and pump enclosures and an additional 60 cu. ft. in the optional rear utility.
* Easy access - hatch-style doors open to provide unrestricted access to the pumping systems, controls and options. All interfaces are positioned at the operator's natural height.
* More towable - The fuel tanks are now taller reducing the overall length of the trailer. The front enclosure is narrower for better maneuvering.
* Enhanced DEF handling - The company's exclusive closed loop DEF Delivery System has a patent-pending 2-in-1 DEF Pumping System providing a contaminant free method of delivering DEF to off-highway equipment. The systems now feature a 100-gallon poly tank nested into the frame for a lower center of gravity; a bidirectional pump with higher flows and auto-shutoff when filling; the ability for DEF freeze in the tank without causing damage.
You can learn more about the new FST Series by visiting thundercreek.com.