The U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance has announced its line-up for the Food Dialogues: Washington D.C., panel taking place at the USDA Agricultural Outlook Forum on Friday, Feb. 21.
Carolyn O'Neil, the author of "Slim Down South Cookbook" and a nutrition advisor to www.bestfoodfacts.org, will moderate the discussion Nutrition: Who is shaping America's eating habits?
"Consumers encounter food terms such as organic, conventional, locally grown and natural on a daily basis, but do they really understand their meanings when making their purchasing decisions?" asked Bob Stallman, chairman of USFRA and president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. "Our panelists will examine these terms and other topics related to food production, nutrition and making healthy food choices."
The discussion begins at 10 a.m. EDT at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va., and will stream live online at www.fooddialogues.com. It features the following panelists:
• Jim Call, Farmer, Call Farms, Madison, Minn.
• Dr. Roger Clemens, Chief Scientific Officer, Horn and Adjunct Professor of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, USC School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Dennis Derryck, President and Founder, Corbin Hill Farms, New York, NY
• Colette Rihane, MS, RD, Nutrition Guidance and Analysis Division Director, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, USDA, Washington, District of Columbia
• Dr. Craig Rowles, Partner and General Manager, Elite Pork Partnership, LLP, Carroll, Iowa
• Barbara Ruhs, MS, RD, LDN, Corporate Dietitian, Bashas' Grocery Stores, Phoenix, Ariz.
Find more information about the Food Dialogues: Washington D.C. at www.fooddialogues.com.