Camping at the 2015 Farm Progress Show
Plenty of options for campers who head for the Decatur event.
RV and camper parking are available at this year's Farm Progress Show, west of the show grounds, north of Richland Community College. There is no fee to park and no facilities are provided. The grounds open to camper and RV parking after 12 noon on Monday, August 31, 2015. Please follow signs and parking attendants to be directed to the appropriate parking area.
Several sites offer camping and RV parking. For more information, contact these campgrounds or businesses directly:
• Decatur-Macon County Fairgrounds, about 10 minutes from the show site: 25 RV sites with water and electricity for $25 per night. Call 217-875-0135.
• Wilder Haven East, about 4 minutes from the show site: RVsites available $25/night includes - water, sewer, trash, Direct TV, electricity, and pool. For reservations please call Christy or Jami at 217-877-9010
• Friends Creek Campground, about 20 minutes from the show site at Cisco, Illinois (off I-72): offers RVand tent camping. There are 26 electric RV sites and 9 without electricity with a dump station and shower house. Water is available. Electric sites are $20/night. Non-electric sites are $12/night. Reserve your site by calling 217-423-7708. More information at maconcountyconservation.org.
• Clinton Lake, about 30 minutes from Decatur in DeWitt: Call Clinton Lake State Recreation Area/Mascoutin at 217-935-8722 or make reservations online at www.reserveamerica.com.
• Weldon Springs is located approximately 30 minutes from Decatur in Clinton. Contact Weldon Springs Park Office 217-935-2644 or make reservations online at www.reserveamerica.com.
Other private campgrounds in the Clinton area are:
•Arrowhead Acres in Clinton 217-935-8442
•South Shore in Lane 217- 935-8795
• Lake Shelbyville is located approximately 30-45 minutes south of Decatur. The two state parks are Eagle Creek and Wolf Creek; to make reservations www.reserveamerica.com. For the five federal parks of Bo Wood, Coon Creek, Lithia Springs, Lone Point, and Opossum Creek; to make reservations call 1-877-444-6777 or www.recreation.gov. Call 217-774-2244 or visit www.lakeshelbyville.com (click on 'Recreation').
Lake Shelbyville also offers these facilities:
• Robin Hoods Woods 217-774-4222
•Whitetail Crossing 217-774-3000
Springfield, located approximately 50 minutes from the show, has sites available. Visit www.springfieldillinois.com.
The Springfield area offers camping at these facilities:
• The Double J Campground & RV Park 217-483-9998
• Illinois State Fair Campgrounds 217- 524-9894
• Lincoln's New Salem Campground 217-632-4003
• Riverside Park Campground 217-753-0630
• Sangchris Lake State Park 217-498-9208
• Springfield KOA 217-498-7002