The polls are open and Monsanto wants your help in selecting the 2015 National Farm Mom of the Year. Farm families from all over the country submitted essays on their favorite farm moms this winter and from that pool, five regional winners were chosen. They are:
- Sara Ross, Minden, Iowa (Midwest Region)
- Shelley Heinrich, Lubbock, Texas (Southwest Region)
- Shelly Davis, Albany, Oregon (Northwest Region)
- Amy Kelsay, Franklin, Indiana (Northeast Region)
- Megan Seibel, Roanoke, Virginia (Southeast Region)
Each of these women has won a $5,000 prize and is in the running for the 2015 National Farm Mom of the Year. Online votes will determine the winner, which is open until Tuesday, May 5. The winner will be announced on Mother's Day Weekend.
So, drop what you're doing, check out the winners and go vote now for your favorite!
With thanks to Max Armstrong and This Week in AgriBusiness for the broadcast coverage and the interviews shown here.