Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Young farmer hurdles. Younger, trendier face of farming still struggles with access to land, perceptions of farming. The Coloradoan
2. Perfect storm brewing? Western agriculture has drought, port issue to deal with. Farm Press blog
3. Sorghum soars. U.S. farmers' latest hot crop is sorghum, thanks to Chinese demand. Wall Street Journal (subscription)
4. State of the Union recap. Farm groups focused on transportation and trade in the President's SOTU Tuesday. Farm Futures
5. Cuba primer. If you're interested in a quick overview of the Cuba/trade situation, this is your story. Bloomberg
6. DNA vs. GMO labels. 80% of consumers support mandatory labels on foods containing DNA. Washington Post commentary
7. Chicken wings and the Super Bowl. 10 things you may not know about chicken wing consumption. Farm Progress
And your bonus:
Bacon and lotto. New Hampshire is set to promote its new bacon-scented lotto tickets with free applewood smoked bacon samples.
That dog is not having any of it.