EQIP and WHIP Deadlines Coming Up Nov. 15

EQIP and WHIP Deadlines Coming Up Nov. 15

Producers can apply anytime for the programs, but cutoff for fiscal year 2011 funding is Nov. 15.

Producers who want to participate in the popular Environmental Quality Incentives Program or Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program in the 2011 fiscal year need to get their applications in by Nov. 15.

"These two programs are very popular with producers in Kansas, and the NRCS wants to give producers time to get a conservation plan developed and get an application submitted in a timely manner," said Banks. 

"I know fall crops will need to be harvested and everyone will be busy.  Setting the cutoff date now, should allow producers to get a plan and sign an application.

"Stop by the NRCS office at your first opportunity and get the process started," said Banks.

Applications may be submitted anytime; however, applications submitted by the November 15th cutoff date will be evaluated for Fiscal Year 2011 funding.

Landowners and/or operators with eligible cropland, rangeland, or forestland with any EQIP/WHIP natural resource concerns should apply at their local NRCS field office and work with them on a conservation plan.  The office is located at your local U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Service Center (listed in the telephone book under United States Government or on the Internet at offices.usda.gov).

"EQIP and WHIP are available to help address the unique circumstances and concerns of socially disadvantaged, limited resource, and beginning farmers and ranchers, who have natural resource concerns that need to be addressed on their land," said Banks.

Producers in Kansas who qualify as socially disadvantaged, limited resource, and beginning farmers and ranchers will be ranked in a separate ranking pool.

EQIP is available for treating natural resource concerns on organic systems.  Organic producers, or those transitioning to organic, may apply for the EQIP to address their natural resource concerns during this period.

As information becomes available, it will be placed on the Kansas NRCS Web site www.ks.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/eqip/ and www.ks.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/whip or be available at your local USDA Service Center from the NRCS or conservation district staff.  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.