Farmers Need to Turn in Acreage Reports to FSA Office

Farmers Need to Turn in Acreage Reports to FSA Office

In order to be eligible for FSA programs acreage report has to be filed.

USDA Farm Service Agency Administrator Jonathan Coppess reminds producers they must submit their annual report of acreage to their local FSA county office to meet FSA program eligibility requirements. Coppess explains that producers must file their reports accurately and timely for all crops and land uses, including prevented and failed acreage, to ensure they receive the maximum FSA program benefits possible.

Acreage reports are considered timely filed when completed by the applicable final crop reporting deadline, which may vary from state to state. Prevented acreage must be reported within 15 calendar days after the final planting date. Failed acreage must be reported before the disposition of the crop. Producers should contact their county FSA office if they are uncertain about reporting deadlines.

Accurate acreage reports are necessary to determine and maintain eligibility for various programs, such as the Direct and Counter-cyclical Program and newer programs authorized in the 2008 Farm Bill. Programs include the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program, Average Crop Revenue Election Program, Livestock Forage Disaster Program, Tree Assistance Program, and Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm Raised Fish Program.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.