Five finalists have been chosen from a field of 16 applicants for the annual Governor's Exporter of the Year award. Recognizing a Kansas for demonstrating excellence in export sales and international marketing. Osborne Industries is one of five finalists competing for the award.
Gov. Mark Parkinson will announce the winner June 29 at the annual Kansas Cavalry Encampment, presented annual by the Kansas Cavalry, a volunteer group of business leaders who promote Kansas as a business location, and the Kansas Department of Commerce.
Finalists this year are:
- Bio-Microbics of Shawnee, which produces innovative equipment to help organizations address a variety of environmental issues;
- Chemidex of Overland Park, a search engine in the chemical and lifre science industries;
- Osborne Industries of Osborne, an employee-owned manufacturer of propriety livestock equipment products;
- Premier Pneumatics of Salina, a company that designs, manufactures and tests complete pneumatic conveying systems;
- Research Products of Salina, a company that serves the milling and baking industries with standard-setting flour oxidation and maturing services, mineral premixes, micro-ingredient dispensing systems and on-site field servicing.
For details on the Exporter of the Year program, visit the Kansas Department of Commerce at www.kansascommerce.com/exporteroftheyear.